Terms and Conditions
1. An initial deposit of 50% will be required before work commences. The remaining 50% of the fee will be invoiced on completion. Invoices will be payable within 14 days.
2. All charges are payable in Pounds Sterling.
3. If you should cancel this project after commencement, Hove Web Design will charge for its time and expenses up until the time the project was cancelled based on our hourly rate
4. There should be no additional fees, except for:
- costs incurred for outside services (for example photography) themes or plug-ins purchased with your agreement.
- extra work or stages outside the scope of the agreed brief and estimate, which are chargeable at our hourly rate
5. Where appropriate, Hove Web Design will apply for interest on late payment of invoices under the terms of the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998.
6. Hove Web Design accepts briefing material for inclusion in copy under the understanding that the client is the owner of the copyright for that material, or has the owner’s permission to use that material.
7. All deliverables remain the property of Hove Web Design until full payment is received.
8. Hove Web Design will not commence work until a copy of our Website Agreement, signed by a person with appropriate authority is received.
9. Some features of the website – for example a blog, an external store or other third party service like a photo gallery or social media site – may be dependent on external services. If those services change the way they allow websites to access them, Hove Web Design may have to edit your site to ensure that those features that use the external service continue to work smoothly - or to work with you to find an alternative, if available. This work will be agreed with you beforehand and then billed at our hourly rate as laid out elsewhere in this document.
10. If you use our hosting services but later decide to move elsewhere, we’ll need to liaise with your new hosting company over hosting and – possibly - email accounts; this work will be charged at our standard hourly rate.
11. Any quote contained in our Website Agreement is only valid for three months unless the agreement is signed. Once an agreement has been signed, the quote is good for the duration of the website build, so long as that does not exceed 12 months. In the very rare cases that this happens, we reserve the right to halt the build and re-quote for the work.
12. It’s important we get the content for your website in a timely fashion. If delivery of the content stalls completely, we reserve the right to abandon the website build once a period of two years has passed since the signing of this agreement; we will also charge for our time-to-date.
13. Hove Web Design hereby grants clients an unlimited license to use any materials developed by Hove Web Design as you see fit once final payment for the materials has been made.
This document was last updated on June 26th, 2020.